The Traffic Division consists of officers riding motorcycles. The use of motorcycles allow officers better accessibility to traffic-related problems.
It is our mission to create safe roadways for all. This is accomplished through education, addressing matters related to engineering, and enforcement.
We also allow the public to use the department’s radar trailer. The radar trailer allows us to better understand traffic-related problems in a specific area and serves as an educational tool for commuters.
- Controls traffic issues
- Investigates serious injury and fatal traffic collisions
- Provides informational services to the public, such as the Child Safety Seat Restraint Program
- Provides information and instruction to parents and others regarding laws governing the use and proper installation of child safety seats
- Inspects child safety seats and restraints, free of charge, to ensure they are in compliance with the law
- Participates in a county-wide driving under the influence of alcohol / drugs program, referred to as “Avoid the 25”
- A cooperative effort with other members of law enforcement in Contra Costa County to actively enforce DUI-related laws using DUI check points and strike teams