Community Security Camera Registration
Camera Registry Agreement
Video surveillance is an outstanding method for apprehending criminals who are caught in the act of committing a crime. Collaboration on video surveillance is a great example of community-police partnerships that deter crime and promote public safety. The Pleasant Hill Police Department has therefore developed a program which allows residents and business owners to voluntarily register the locations of their video surveillance systems with the Department, enlisting the assistance of the community to help obtain video evidence. If you choose to register your camera, we will maintain your confidentiality, unless a court or development in the law commands its disclosure. If a crime occurs in your vicinity, law enforcement may contact you to request a copy of footage from your camera. Accordingly, all registrants agree to the following:
- Cameras must be mounted on private property only, and may not be directed into private areas such as residential windows.
- Footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Pleasant Hill Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the Pleasant Hill Police Department and/or the City of Pleasant Hill through the program.
- If necessary, the Pleasant Hill Police Department will contact you directly, using the information you provided, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- Your information will remain confidential unless a court or development in the law commands its disclosure.
You may remove your information from the Registry at any time, by emailing.